View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 08:03 AM   #5
Anthropoid
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Ah thanks Commish, sounds like I might have screwed it up by clicking the minor leagues to be included to early in the sequence.

ADDIT: one strange thing, when I get to this step
Quote:
On the next page, figure out how accurate you want your scouting to be.
I actually had to go into the Advanced Game Settings and tick "Use Complete Scouting System" in upper left in order to be able to select "Normal" Scouting accuracy. By default, it wants "Historical" to be at 100% accurate.

It is almost like the developers anticipated that most players will want to play historical settings in order to just "replay history," which . . . If I was a truly rabid baseball fan I could imagine doing! . . . but I'm all about the "alternate strategic historical path."

So one question about the settings that impact "fictional characters" and the ones that impact "minor leagues," amateurs, international free agents, and so on and so forth: if I want to have a decent chance to recruit better talent into my team, do I need to just play for a few years / decades to get to a point where these lower level institutions started to emerge (and the engine will generate them as they did emerge in historical fashion)? Or, by turning these things off (e.g., not ticking the minor leagues for example as you suggested) am I dooming my league to never have any of these subordinate sources of talent?

It is puzzling that I had clones in my previous play. I think it might have come from one of two sources:

1. When I was in the game setup window, I think I might have imported two databases? Something like that?

2. Using the ahistorical minor leagues, and saying that they needed full rosters (which at your recommendation, I'm not going to do this time).

3. (not exactly related to the clones, but another problem I think I had in my previous setup) I noticed someone saying that the "Auto expand league" and "Auto adjust financials" caused problems and I had those turned off.

It seems like, except for the Scouting System being set default to promote completely historical replay, the default settings in the various advanced and Game Settings tabs are inline with a "historical-ahistorical" play through like I want.

As such, I think I'm going to use default settings by and large and avoid any settings that might introduce fictional clones. However a few exceptions as I make my way through the Advanced Settings:

Hold Fantasy Inagural Draft: can't resist ticking this one on.
Pictures for all players and coaches.

Under the Players Tab:
International FA /Discoveries
Generate International Established FA
Generate FA from Independent Leagues: I also turned these three on and set them all the the intermediate "default" settings.

ADDIT: Oh wow! Fantasy Inaugural draft starts all the teams with zero players in their rosters. Well that should give me a fighting chance and lead to a sufficiently alternate play on history

Last edited by Anthropoid; 02-26-2015 at 09:04 AM.
Anthropoid is offline   Reply With Quote