View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 05:21 PM   #7
AstaSyneri
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromchicago View Post
Lumberjacks. Timber Barons. Trappers. I'm not sure what a person who deals in amber is called. Ambermonger?
Hmm. For a minor team I'd take something like Amber Ants. But for a ELC team? Need more time to think (and less heat).

Quote:
Not sure what else to call them. Lutherans, maybe.
Nah, I try to keep religion out of it (Personally I am Lutheran ;-)).

Mermaids would fit, but it is female and Triton is taken already. They have that hippie commune on the other side of the harbor... no.

Simply Northmen?

Quote:
Citadels. Gunners. Sentinels (Luxemburg was considered one of the gateways into the Holy Roman Empire).
Guardians (of your money). Bankers. I do like simply Citadel, though.

Quote:
Milan Tenors* - Milan is known primarily as the industrial center of Italy -- it's the home of Fiat -- although La Scala is the nation's foremost opera house.
The last. Phantoms would work, even though that plays in the Paris opera house.

Quote:
Barcelona Ramblers* - Catalans would work.
Too blatant, imho - the central government in Spain doesn't really like the Catalan independence movement. Ramblers is a word-play on the most famous street(s), leading down to the sea IIRC, the "Ramblas".

Quote:
Nantes Dwarfs* - Not sure what connection you're aiming at here. You could call them Bretons or Atlantics (Atlantiques).
It's a word-play on the french word for Dwarf - nain. Nantes Nains.

Quote:
Bordeaux Red* - Gascons.
And there we go again. Musketeers would be a fit (for D'Artagnan). On the other hand the city just might want to rub in being a premier wine-producing region.

Quote:
Liege Gourmets* - Liege is known as an industrial city -- not sure where you got "gourmets" from. In the early modern era, it was known as an arms manufacturing center -- cannons and muskets, that sort of thing.
It is also known as a center of fine foodstuff.

Quote:
Munich Mountaineers* - Munich isn't in the mountains. Jägers would be good.
No, it isn't but everybody there goes into and relates to the Alps.

Quote:
Hanover Scorpions* - Again, another industrial city -- it's the home of Volkswagen. Here you might to use "Saxons."
The Scorpions are a quite famous rock band and they hail from Hanover. Have them be part-owner and there you go!

Quote:
Salzburg Composers* - Apart from Mozart, Salzburg is most noted for its salt mines, which were the source of the region's wealth in the middle ages. So Miners would work.
Miners are already taken for the Metroplex Miners. Hmm. How about Salzburg Opus? Mozart was pretty dominant in the city last time I was there.

Last edited by AstaSyneri; 07-07-2012 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Promised an update way too quickly ;-9
AstaSyneri is offline   Reply With Quote