View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 04:27 PM   #20
Amazin69
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Fields of Dreamers

Eager to get a look at the outfield prospects at the lower levels of the Mets organization? Of course you are! (Honestly, this is the end of it.)
Name:  Picture 17a.jpg
Views: 961
Size:  59.2 KB
Only two real prospects of note here: Juan Lagares (AA Binghamton) lacks power but has promise at everything else, while Sean Ratliff (High-A St. Lucie) has the pop, and a nice arm (83 rating), but is just average on the basepaths.

Name:  Picture 18a.jpg
Views: 953
Size:  43.6 KB
The old regime liked Montrealer Emanuel Garcia (a converted 2B), but I don't know if he's ever going to hit. He'll start at St. Lucie. Darrell Ceciliani (short-A Brooklyn) has some potential, and is at least adequate in the outfield. Pedro Zapata and Alonzo Harris will battle for ABs in Rookie-league Kingsport; they've both got the wheels and the glove (Harris is another converted 2B), but they'll need to learn to hit.

Name:  Picture 19a.jpg
Views: 912
Size:  50.1 KB
Kirk "Dutch Master" Nieuwenhuis (low-A Savannah) has tools, but I'm not convinced that he'll ever be the top prospect his backers say he is. I'm even less convinced about Chase Greene (Brooklyn), whom Rudy Terrasas loves, but whom most scouts think is no prospect at all. He'll try to justify Rudy's faith while fighting Cesar Puello, whom we signed as a 16-year-old out of the D.R. in '07, for playing time. Former 2nd-Round pick Javier "J-Rod" Rodriguez will look to flex his power potential in Kingsport.

And that's the Mets, from top to bottom. Are you ready for some baseball?
Amazin69 is offline   Reply With Quote