View Single Post
Old 05-08-2010, 12:44 AM   #1
PWillisTheMan
Hall Of Famer

Nerd Tournaments

I've started I think 3 or 4 universes from the ground up and my whole goal was seedings for all time tournaments in each division. Since I just got my sim back, I decided to go through each division and select a certain amount of fighters, every fighter ranked 7 and higher plus some lower ones and just randomly match them against each other for a select amount of fights.

There will be a different number of fights and fighters per division and I'm sure it will take a while. But I figured I may as well do a brief recap of the divisions so I'll post the top 5 seeds and a small recap after I am done. I'm using the performance points for the rankings so i can fairly track guys that fight in multiple divisions.

I'm using all the titles, IBO is fighters 7 and under, WBO is 9 and under and the other 3 are for everyone. All the fighters are at Prime and I use the Hat program for the random fights.

Strawweight division has 48 fighters and they will have 20 fights.

1. Ivan Calderon (WBC) 19-1 (4)

Calderon lost a tight MD over 10 rounds to Ricardo Lopez in the fourth week in what is expected to produce a rematch in the finals of the tourney. He later won the WBC belt and had nine succesful defenses up until present. Decision wins over Zolani Petelo, Rodel Mayol & Yutaka Niida were his most notable victories.

2. Roman Gonzalez 18-1-1 (13)

Gonzalez was the first IBF champion and made seven defenses before an upset loss by seventh round TKO to Samuel Gutierrez.He later knocked out Gutierrez to gain a measure of revenge. The only other blemish was a draw with Hi-Yong Choi. He decisioned Mayol and stopped Muhammad Rachman

3. Ricardo Lopez 18-2 (11)

An early DQ loss to Junichiro kaneda in a fight he was dominating and a disputed decision loss to Kompayak Porpramook are all that kept Finito from a perfect record. He finally got a title shot in week 18 and stopped Kerman Guardia in three before finishing up with two defenses. He beat Calderon & choi twice by decision, plus a stoppage over ratanapol Sor Vorapin

4. Nkosinathai Joyi 15-4-1 (10)

He was able to win the WBA, WBO & IBF titles during the run but never had a successful defense. Two knock out wins over SorVorapin and two wins over Oleydong Sithsamerchai highlight his ledger.

5. Napa Kiatwanchai 15-3-2 (10)

The inagural IBO champion made five defenses and also beat ineligible fighters Sithsamerchai & Rachman along the way.

Other Titilists

WBA- Hi-Yong Choi 9-5-6 (2)
WBO- Muhammad Rachman 10-8-2 (1)
IBO- Carlos Melo 3-13-4 (2)