View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014, 03:43 PM   #75
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebmono View Post
Has been mentioned in a couple earlier posts but I too have to disagree with this sentiment. Coding the relegation, player limits, and other league specific rules were mentioned by G-Nuke and I would also bring up other issues regarding interaction between the leagues. Things like difficulties signing draft picks playing in the KHL, players who should be playing in the NHL leaving for foreign leagues (I realize that this one is also tied to other contract management logic/issues), etc. While adding new leagues may not be specifically killing new features I think it's a fair argument that the many leagues take time and attention from work on other aspects of the game (only so many hours in the day one can work) which contributes to lower overall quality. Too much bread, not enough butter.

While I, and I'm sure the majority of FHM players, unabashedly appreciate all the work you volunteer researchers contribute and understand what a massive task it is, it's not really our responsibility as paying customers to help fix this issue. Particularly when, as G-Nuke points out, we don't even have access to proper out-of-game editing tools. Solid research should be part of the development plan and part of the budget, for them to rely on volunteer researchers to handle such a large part of the game is akin to any other buggy/broken game release rushed out the door where the developer essentially "waits for modders to fix it", and I'm sure we have all had at least one instance of begrudging a developer for selling us a game in that condition.
The things you mention with the leagues would have to be solved even if only NHL was playable. The other leagues would have to exist as unplayable and all the things you mention would have to be solved. I suppose you want to have player development and players coming from various nations and leagues at least.

I'm not saying it's your responsibility, I'm mentioning the option. Join the research team and you will get editing tool and options.
I would prefer to have an editor for everyone too but do you want the developers to spend more time with the editor and less time with the game?