View Single Post
Old 09-05-2019, 06:18 PM   #77
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

The Colonels reach the all-star break in second place at 65-30, so we are 42-9 since shuffling the roster yesterday morning. The division race has closed from a 10-game deficit yesterday to only 2 games behind now, so we are back in the playoff hunt and looking forward to the stretch run. We have seven all-stars, including starting pitchers Cy Young (17-3, 1.97) and Tim Keefe (14-4, 1.57).

Cleaning up some loose ends from my earlier post, I concluded that these are the reasons for the improvement:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
1. Pure luck.
2. Tough early schedule
Superstition prevented me from bringing back two of the players that were banished in the purge, and they are still in digital limbo.

I did pick up an old friend, Babe Ruth, to be my DH for the rest of the season. My expectations for him are different this time. I don't expect MVP awards. I am really just looking for a DH that does not need platooning, runs up opposing pitch counts, and fits my Earl Weaver strategy (3-run HRs and strong pitching). He checks all three boxes there, and he could earn a permanent spot with a good audition.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote