View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 12:05 PM   #62
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

We are 12-1 since the drunken GM moves last night. I offer you a selection of my explanations for the dramatic improvement. There could be multiple factors at play, so feel free to select more than one correct answer.

1. Pure luck.
2. Weak schedule since the change (opponents in the 13 games had a .480 winning pct).
3. Joe DiMaggio is batting .529 (27-51) with a 1.50 OPS and 14 RBIs in the 13 games.
4. The pitchers allowed 19 runs in 13 games (1.5/g) vs. 3.8/g in the prior 44 games. The catcher and the worst SP were benched.
5. We committed 3 errors (.23/g) since the changes vs. 24 (.55/g) before. The two players with the most errors (SS-6 & C-5) were benched.
6. The new shortstop has a better range factor by +.5 and fewer errors (zero vs .17/g), i.e. reduced BABIP at that key position.

The real question that I want to ask is: The timer has expired on the benched players. If you were me, would you activate any or all of them or leave the active roster as is? Answers 1,2,3 would lead one to say "sure why not put them back in if they are better". Answers 4,5,6 would lead you to a different conclusion, as would superstition.

P.S. I am ignoring any answers from pappyzan and waittilnextyear.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote