View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 04:51 AM   #7
micpringle
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Malkin has a fairly high rating at LW, so it's not out of the question for the AI to use him there.
Malkin is rated 12 for LW, but 20 for Center, and is 5 stars. Guentzel, who I'd expect to be the LW on the first line is rated 20 for LW, but 3 stars. Does that mean the AI chooses a higher rated player with a much lower positional rating over a lesser rated player (who is still pretty damn good) with a much higher positional rating?

And even if that is the case, I'd still have expected Guentzel to make LW on the 2nd line, rather than being demoted to RW on the 4th.

This also tends to mess up the other lines, since ideally I should have strong Centers on both the 1st and 2nd, but the way the AI chose I now have 1 strong Center on 1st—Crosby—and then two much weaker Centers on 2nd and 3rd, and finally a 1.5 star LW with a 14 Center rating as the Center on the 4th.

Quote:
Reaves on the first line is very odd, though - what tactic are you using?
Yeah, Reaves—1.5 stars—is on 1st, Kessel on 2nd, then Rust, and then Guentzel. Sheary, who the Penguins actually play as RW on the 1st, only made LW on the 4th, which is just mind-boggling.

I use Stretching the DHalf-Ice Overload, which I had a ton of good fortune with in FHM3. This is the entire lineup as picked by the AI.

Quote:
And this is with version 4.0.35 of the game?
Yup. I use the Steam version, and AFAIK that's the only version available via Steam.
micpringle is offline   Reply With Quote