Thread: Sumo
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 11:10 AM   #62
Magus978
All Star Starter

Running Thoughts...will be edited

- Nishikigi has had a losing record for 3 straight tournaments...surely he's gotta be in danger of a drop to Juryo sooner rather than later if he doesn't start finding success.

- Tomokaze just brute-forced Okinoumi. I'm guessing the judges review was to make sure that Okinoumi went out before Tomokaze went to the ground.

- Myogiryu also has the look of a wrestler that should be in danger of being dropped out of the top division even though he really isn't. Maybe it's the 3 straight losing records that's throwing me off. All too easy for Chiyotairyu.

- Good little match between Shimanoumi & Takarafuji. Also a strong effort from both Meisei & Kotoshogiku.

- Ichinojo is a big boy! Daieisho's big too, but pales in comparison. Daieisho took a pretty good fall.

- Great slap technique from Mitakeumi.

- Tough start for Aoiyama as a Maegashira having to face a pair of Sekiwake in his first two fights...but it looks like he's gonna come out of it pretty well.

- Tough road to start for Abi.

- Tochinoshin making a tough start to his return to Ozeki rank. Can't see him lasting long there with performances like that.

- Very long bout between Ryuden and Takayasu...very close in regards of who fell first. Think Takayasu hit first, but good decision to make them go again...and the second one was a banger too! Both get my fighter of the day award. Great pair of fights.

- I don't envy Hokutofuji right now...another fighter with a very tough start to their tournament.

- Main Event time! Hakuho was in trouble at the start, but settled in and finished proceedings with the Uwatenage.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 07-08-2019 at 11:32 AM.
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote