View Single Post
Old 04-11-2019, 08:19 AM   #46
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunzie View Post
It's also funny to see how the same card can perform differently in different roles on different teams. Having three teams in the same perfect league for quite a few seasons now I'm seeing huge swings in performance between cards I have in common on them. For example, I have a Clemente 89 that is knocking the cover off the ball on my Red team batting 4th/5th and being counted on playing every day, but in a very much reduced role on my Blue team getting spot starts and batting way down the order, he never seems to do too well. I have an Ellsbury on two teams, a Sisler on two teams, Pudge Rodriguez on all 3, Betts on all 3, Smoltz on 2, and so on. WIth my Blue team being more whale-ish than the other two that have traditionally struggled to stay above the cut line, it's interesting to compare.

Seems when guys are put in higher-pressure roles and get more start time they often respond well to it.
Thank God somebody else has seen this. I use to get hammered suggesting this by watching my team play and how some underperform under certain conditions and some flourish in same conditions. I would get yelled at about how it is all math and how dumb it was to change anything. I would bench and get rid of players because of that. Then I was told I would miss their hot spells. (While their replacements rocked the league.) I use to think to my self that I did make the playoffs every single year so I must have done something right replacing players in certain situations year after year. I remember the first couple seasons people laughed at me for platooning my players. Thank God I did not listen to them. Now I see those same people platooning their team.Lol. That is the one thing I always liked about JoeHart. We would talk over strategy and even if we did not agree we would listen to each other. Those conversations turned me into a much better player because of it. This game is kind of like golf , You never master it no matter what tools you have to use...
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote