View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 04:47 PM   #55
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Always nice to start off the day of sims with a 10-game winning streak. My Frogs have yet to decide what they actually want to be in "2035." Good team? Bad team? Can't decide.

In fact, if it weren't for my ace reliever 89 Dennis Eckersley blowing a save opportunity in the previous game, we'd still be rolling on an 11-game winning streak and counting. I can't fault Eck for having an off day. He gave up back-to-back homers to 99 Babe Ruth and 100 Jimmie Foxx after striking out 100 Mike Trout. Then Eck walked 100 Barry Bonds before striking out 100 Rogers Hornsby looking. 100 Ted Williams came through with an RBI single after Bonds stole 2nd. Williams was subsequently picked off 1st base by a frustrated Eck to end the inning. But the damage had been done. 9-7 bad guys.

Even so, the Frogs looked like they'd shake off that top of the 9th as a minor inconvenience. The opponent's 100 Dennis Eckersley came on and found himself in a 1-out situation with the tying run at 2nd base before striking out my 77 Tony Gwynn and inducing my 80 Richie Ashburn to fly out. Oh well.

The Frogs are currently 38-28. Sitting 4.5 out in a 3-team race for the division. Currently in 2nd wild card position by a 1-game margin. Digging having 5 off days this month as it helps keep the pitching staff fresh and clean.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote