View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 10:38 PM   #148
Postman
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribeFan19 View Post
This is not an accurate assumption. Every player (except QBs and o-linemen) has a special teams bar rating. And there are methods in FOF 8 to optimize special teams. My teams typically are in the top 5 in return yardage and return coverage. Prior versions previously allowed you to select your gunners (which was removed in FOF 8). But the game engine appears to pick the highest rated players eligible for ST play, so performance is not impacted.
I'm aware of the rating and pay attention to it. What I'm referring to is the lack of a special teams coach, any sort of strategy (kick away from a returner, squib kick or kick to the goal line), and the odd stats that are generated. The leading special teams tackler on my team is a 335 lb. nose tackle. I just don't see it. I also have a returner that is unrealistically good. It's unusual that he doesn't return the ball near the 35 on a kickoff. Jim has had problems in the game before that he's fixed, e.g. the FOF 6 Super Flanker. I just wish he'd take a look at special teams.

Last edited by Postman; 04-02-2019 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Additional comment