View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 12:09 PM   #5
WFIL73
Minors (Single A)

But if you have each league load a database you'll end up with duplicate players. I guess you could load the DB and then delete any free agents. You'll just need to have the correct team ID in place before the load. I usually add the new team after the load (mid October) and then sign those rookies as FA. I guess you could add the team on the day between "End of the Season" and "Beginning of Offseason". Give me the weekend and I'll try it.

When a league folds and you have to empty the rosters on the teams - and they become universal free agents. If I remember right, if you don't empty the rosters and delete the league there is an issue. I usually gutted the league of players and teams and then waited till its preseason began to totally delete the league.

As a rule I have rosters at 15 and an endless reserve list. The players that played one game for their career sometimes end up not playing at all and that's ok. The highest season win total I got was Monte Ward in 1880 had 46. The stats have been pretty close and the standings are even closer sometimes that it's scary.
WFIL73 is offline   Reply With Quote