View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 05:47 PM   #63
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kq76 View Post
Do you still have access to the email address listed for it (hackers@corporatebaseball.us)? If so, the help page should easily reset the password for you. I'd do it manually, but the admin password I have listed for it doesn't seem to work. Maybe I changed it, but I don't remember doing so. I'll have to check the password file online, but I can't access it either at the moment...
that email is just a forwarder, but it is active. I'll give the reset a try
Quote:
Originally Posted by kq76 View Post
I think I might take you up on your offer too. When I recently tried to access the backend I couldn't. I need to email Andreas and ask for the new login site or something. Even before this though it was a pain in the butt to change anything because the FTP access was removed for some reason leaving only updating via the web possible which is a major pain in the butt when often working with several files at once.

My only concern, however, is it looks like your host often has downtime issues or at least issues with the db. Or at least the CBL forums seem to go down every once in awhile. Is that something completely different or is that something the IOLD would probably experience too? The one good thing about where the IOLD is now is that the server has been exceedingly stable for a long time and if someone tries to access it but can't they may, unlike more popular sites, never try to again.
The cbl forum issue is related to that specific DB. i went through and repaired the DB and it seems ok now but over time the issue will probably come back, but it's an issue with the version of phpbb2 they are using. I haved strongly suggested that they upgrade the forum software to phpbb3 (or even the latest version of 2 may help) as i havn't have any problems with my forum, or my other websites, but i can't force them to upgrade.

checking the corporate league site(s) for the next few days or so would be a good way to make sure that it's only an issue with the cbl forum before you spend much time thinking about it

Was once Head Cheese of Corporate League Baseball

Last edited by jazzrack; 04-11-2008 at 06:11 PM.
jazzrack is offline   Reply With Quote