View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 03:59 PM   #263
Kodiakbear
Bat Boy

Thanks

Thanks for replying... I know you don't want to give a date, but can I get a you will have it before the next NFL Training camp begins, or even Christmas.... Something! Meantime I will wait patiently for the Beta Testing etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Gindin View Post
When I last posted about the game on my web site, I intended that to cover the period before it's appropriate for OOTP marketing to take over. The reasoning contained in that post applies just as much today as it did then. If the project were scrapped, I'd say something, because I'd be moving on to something new - probably not in the field of game development.

The last thing I want is to become defensive in any way here. Because what's going to happen when we get into that beta period is that OOTP's marketing arm (and they have one - Solecisimic was just me, and marketing is very, very different when you don't have someone who fully understands the current marketplace for games) will take over and you will learn about the game. They have become very good at this and the last thing anyone needs is me taking it upon myself to alter their work.

Until that point, and I very carefully illustrated that a few months ago, it's just not ideal for me to say much. Honestly, I like talking about the game. Forums just aren't great for that kind of thing. The crap people are giving Gary and Markus right now seems quite unfair. We're all just trying to create something.