View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 04:34 PM   #3
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGH-Adfabre View Post
I started a Historical in 1900. This is my first historical and I am not a baseball historian so I have a question or two. I looked in the manual but did not find these specific points.

I set the league up to use the reserve roster.
1) Will the league automatically change this to minor leagues?
2) If not, has anyone transitioned this manually?
3) How did you do it? Add 1 level per season until desired number?
4) Does the game automatically move the draft date to a summer draft in "modern" times? If so, when?
5) Do you use the expansion draft with league expansion? If so, how many rounds?

At some point I want to switch to minors but I am not sure when or how.
Thanks,
Tom
In my MLB 1999 custom league. I use the reserve roster until 2012. At the start of 2012 (November 2011 actually) I added the 2012 QS minor league teams. All players without major league experience. Went level by level affiliating each team to it's parent club. Took about 45 minutes, making sure i had it all correct. i did leave all levels for no roster limit so the reserve roster players could all go into the minors and other players would get moved up or down.
I have also in other leagues added 1 new level every 2 years. For modern it's easy to use Wikipedia to find the minor league affiliates. For early baseball i use indy teams or the PCL.
Draft will not change by itself you must do that yourself.
For expansion draft in one league I change it often. 18 the 1stm 20 the 2nd 22 the 3rd 25 the 4th ad for every draft after that.

To use the 2012 quickstart for minor leagues. start the 2012 control all teams. Go to roster tab display career ML stats. Delete all players with ML stats. Move any remaining players on the ML level to AAA making sure that all levels have no limit. Delete ML level. Save and then save as a template. Import into you existing league as add template. Thanx to Bigrod for this idea. it's his not mine.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote