View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 11:09 PM   #7
VanillaGorilla
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott1964 View Post
It looks like you have the random debut option. That is probably the reason for the inflated numbers. I believe it takes away from the realism if you use the real guys that way. But to each his own, its your game play it the way you want to.
I actually find the results plausible in the unrealistic environment that is created. If we grant that when baseball is first founded, there isn't a whole lot of knowledge and experience amongst players. Therefore, guys that have seen nothing better than good college pitching run into a player with ML All Star ability once every two weeks are going to get dominated by those players with that ability.

As more players enter the league and more pitchers learn the craft, similarly, the hitters become more familiar with the craftiness of the pitchers, and these numbers even out across the league's staffs. Even with these eye-popping individual numbers, the league totals hold true to the environment selected.

There are work arounds, as I mentioned previously, that will alleviate this skewing of individual numbers early in a random debut league, but they do come at some cost.

For me, I choose to accept the individual pitching performances in the early years of a league knowing that balance will come in about 5 years time.
VanillaGorilla is offline   Reply With Quote