View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 04:06 PM   #8
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCanes View Post
Thanx for the info BaseballMan,,,I have just one question/clarification. As long as I leave both leagues in place, even if there are no teams in one league, everything will move along with all franchise moves, expansions and contractions happening? Even for the years that there are odd number teams in a league? (That is after changing/deleting the AA, UA, PL and FL teams as needed and fixing the 1st season I want to start with an even number of teams and two leagues, so all teams import and then rearranging the teams as needed. I did understand that part :-)) I have tried something simular, but didn't even think about leaving the AL side devoid of teams in the years that there were no teams. Thanx again for the set-up directions/ideas!!!

Billy C
Glad its helping someone. If anybody else has any ideas im sure we all would appreciate them. Just trying to get us guide because 19th century is not the same as simming a modern era sim.

As for your question i beleive they will move along but like i said you will need to check schedules and either disable playoffs or use custom playoffs when you only have 1 league full of teams.

It worked fine for me. The American League was inactive till the American Association years and then it went inactive again till 1901.
One thing though is that you should not change the UA, PL and FL teams
unless you actually want those teams. The players will still import. But i never considered the UA a legit pro league and you may end up with 2 many teams. But thats up to you.

Now there is a problem with expansion if you want rosters as they were in real life. Because i believe their were years in which teams were expansion teams with no rookie players they would have no players imported to their team. All their players came from teams that folded or the players were released. So you would have to do that your self in a league in which you are doing actual historical transactions. I just release the players at the end of the year and assign them to the team at the start of the next year.

If you dont care about actual trades then you should just need to make sure
your teams have enough players by adjusting the protection list and active roster. If you still have too many players on one team and not enough on the other you can always release a few players. However i simmed from 1871-2002 and i dont remember having to do that.

The odd number of teams should only prevent you from starting a league. After that you can delete and move teams and even if it is an odd number of teams it will still work. Though im not sure about fictional schedules. You may have to make those but i just use Flomess's. The as played works great
if you use actual rosters. Players play the same number of games as they did in real life. You get the sense of how professional baseball was developing back then.
Plus the stats are pretty good too. Get this i ran a test league and Levi Meyerle was the leader in batting avg with an avg of .492. The exact same average he had for 1871 in real life.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote