View Single Post
Old 05-21-2016, 09:18 PM   #42
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Now,

After you are happy with your model, you need to export using file -> export. you want to export as a .obj file. you should navigate to your ootp '/ballparks/models directory and create a new folder called "Sportsmans Park"

the programs will export the park in the format that OOTP needs to read.

Next: Go into ootp, create a bogus fictional leage and then go into one ot the teams and settings and edit the ballpark. Go to the 3D edtor and load the .obj file. It should show up looking very nice. Although I have never had a park where I nailed all of the faces the first time.

Inspect the park from different angles to see if there is any black areas showing up where they shouldn't be. If so, you need to go back to sketchup and add a texture to the reverse side and so on.

Then you re-export and import into OOTP and rinse and repeat.

Finally, you have to align the grid to the field, and then align the fence posts, change the stadium name, edit the fence distances, heights, etc.

I also try to help the people who don't use 3D by taking screens of the parks in sketchup and exporting the 2D images for the broadcast view and also for the diagram view.

I hope everyone has found this to be informative.

Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions and let me see some of your parks sometime if you try. I'm sure you will all learn better ways to do things than I am doing them.