View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 07:37 PM   #60
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyy26wc View Post
Are we still talking about the project of putting together a file with the complete 2012 minor league stats?

If so, I have a much simpler method. I have been retrieving the stats, team by team, level by level. It only took me about 45 minutes to do the entire AL East. I then imported that into Excel and, using Excel functions, I was able to easily add the team ID for each stat line and also the OOTP player ID.

My plan is to do the AL Central right now and then take a break. Later tonight, I will see how much I can get done. Then, either my plan is to finish up the project tomorrow night or, at the latest, Friday or Friday night.
I do believe that's what the folks want. However, it doesn't apply to the work we do. OOTP has never had complete stats for minor leaguers. We made a huge leap forward in ootp 13, but we only got those players that were on the rosters at the time of downloading our database, so many players were excluded as we had to work with end/pre season rosters. That's why it's so time consuming for us as we can't use the team pages, we have to use the individulal player pages to get the stats. Once this is done, we can use the team pages as all we'll need is just the current year stats and not any previous years.
As for what you're doing, I'm sure a lot of users would like to have that. Be sure to release it as a mod and contact Charlie Hough to get it listed on ootpmods.com and downloads central where everyone can enjoy your excellent work.
Thanks.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote