View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 06:27 AM   #9
walton19
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by getheroff View Post
I'm 11 years into my MN Twins Challenge Mode dynasty. Over thousands of hours, I have slowly built my team into a powerhouse, winning several WS during this time. With success and slow increases to ticket prices, I had built my budget to $204 million, despite having a penny-pinching owner (and believe me the Pohlads really are ). Through immense fiscal discipline, I had recently cleared enough budget space to sign my 28-year-old ace to a 7-year extension at about $27 million a year. This was my first big salary extension in Twins history.

To the problem; I recently had a player approach me about supporting his community outreach efforts. I elected to "Set-up Charity". This was about 3 weeks ago in game time. Today (September 2, 2027 in game time), I clinched the Central and I have a great chance to win the WS...and, to my great chagrin, when I looked at my financials I saw that next year's expected budget nose-dived by $18M to $186M...literally overnight. Digging into the numbers, I noticed that my media market size went from "Above Average" to "Below Average", which accounts for about $7M of the decline, but the other $11M is a mystery to me. My fan interest did tick up from 98 to 100; but I am suddenly deep in the red for next year.

Will this self-correct at some time in the near future? If not, is this Working as Designed? If so, this needs to be addressed. There was no explanation as to what selecting "Start a Charity" would be, except a "($)" sign.

I am frankly in a state of shock. I have spent many hours working on this dynasty and I feel like it has really been screwed up. Moreover, because this is Challenge Mode, there apparently is no way to fix this or undo this. I realize that this is "just a game"; but after investing so much time over the years I am frankly angry. This should be fixed/improved, to provide much better visibility as to what the impact of your decision(s) might be....
same thing happened and my revenue fell
walton19 is offline   Reply With Quote