View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 01:32 AM   #20
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

After the Frogs slipped and slimed their way out of placement in the whale league (must be frog evolutionary response to danger?), the team has landed on its sticky feet in P441.

At first glance, the team's prospects seemed dim for a 3-peat (the team is riding a 2-week PL title "streak" and have bagged 6 medallions in the previous 9 weeks). The dim hopes, however, are because I noticed we are in the same division (NC West) as the vaunted, 14-time PL champ Long Beach-Compton Anarcho-Syndicalists. However, we are keeping pace with them so far. LBC is 21-4 (+96) and the Frogs are 22-5 (+91), a virtual tie after the Frogs took 2/3 in April. It was very nearly/surprisingly a sweep for the Frogs, but La Crosse made 4 errors and LBC's Future Legend Vladito hit a game-winning 2-run HR off of Smoltz to turn a 2-1 lead into a 3-2 loss. Aside from Long Beach-Compton, we've been snacking on a bunch of weak teams--big juicy flies so to speak. One RNG-unlucky team [redacted] is already 0-10 against these Frogs.

If the Frogs were fortunate enough to get by LBC in the NC, there's also the Monterrey Bay Irukandji (6 titles) and the Madison Tycoons (2 titles) to contend with. So, that's 31 PL medallions in the NC altogether. Not quite a whale league, but a tough assignment for any teams other than the previous titlists.

If the Frogs were lucky enough to represent the NC in the PL series, they'd likely be facing down either the Silicon Valley Outlaws (2 titles) or the Auburn Doubledays (3 titles). The Doubledays have found more success winning titles lately after getting to PL in 2024 and not winning one until 2045. After another smaller drought in the late 40s and early 50s, they repeated as champs in both 2058 and 2059. I remember that the Doubledays were the very first whale team I ever saw in PT, when daves, Orcin, and I were all in Gold level back in the roaring early 20s.

The Frogs haven't really undergone a drastic makeover and we're not trying some weird theme for 2061. Just trying to play to our strengths as best as possible. Some cards getting their first active roster action this week are SE Mike Scioscia and SE "Memphis" Bill Terry.
Attached Images

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote