View Single Post
Old 12-12-2019, 12:35 PM   #155
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimKibbles View Post
I grew up in Northern Kentucky about 5 miles from Florence and moved to downtown Cincy about 5 years ago. When I first saw the list of names, I thought "That's it?" Not sure what I was expecting but I guess I thought there would be something better. Some names have grown on me though. I liked the No Sox at first but the Go-Goettas has grown on me. Plus, the logo could just be a square patty of goetta (pork mixed with oats and fried - it's yummy!) with eyes and holding a bat! The Y'alls would make sense because of the water tower.

Contest was supposed to end today and they are going to announce a name within the next two weeks. The Florence games are fun to go to. Hopefully a good name will be picked. Will share once they announce!
Thanks for the info... didn't know goetta was a dish.

I love going to minor league and independent league games... on vacation, my wife -- she loves baseball and is a great scorebook keeper -- and I always try to work in some local teams.

Would like to move to a town that has a minor league team, so I could attend their games... Asheville looks good and it's a very nice place to live.... and the Tourists have been there a long time.

Wouldn't want to move to a town and the team folds.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 12-12-2019 at 12:36 PM.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote