View Single Post
Old 12-11-2019, 10:37 PM   #154
SlimKibbles
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Church View Post
Sorry, but none of the names make any sense.
Florence will now join the terrible nicknames of Baby Cakes, WindSurge, Biscuits, etc.

Florence Blue Grassers would be my suggestion... pick something related to the town, don't try to make up a new nickname with no meaning.

The town is only 11 miles from Cincinnati.
May be Florence Big Reds... or Florence Red Machines.

Hope Go-Goettas wins... at least that has a positive element that could be related to baseball.

After a little research about the town history, maybe Y'alls may be the best.
I like that water tower.
I could live with that nickname.
Colors should be Red and White... connection to the water tower and to the Cincy Reds.
I grew up in Northern Kentucky about 5 miles from Florence and moved to downtown Cincy about 5 years ago. When I first saw the list of names, I thought "That's it?" Not sure what I was expecting but I guess I thought there would be something better. Some names have grown on me though. I liked the No Sox at first but the Go-Goettas has grown on me. Plus, the logo could just be a square patty of goetta (pork mixed with oats and fried - it's yummy!) with eyes and holding a bat! The Y'alls would make sense because of the water tower.

Contest was supposed to end today and they are going to announce a name within the next two weeks. The Florence games are fun to go to. Hopefully a good name will be picked. Will share once they announce!

SlimKibbles is offline   Reply With Quote