View Single Post
Old 11-13-2019, 03:15 AM   #1
majesty95
All Star Starter

AI Too Heavily Favoring Defense

So, I have a single season sim runnign where we've added past or future stars to our 1987 replay. The issue is, some of the players are not playing. For instance, Shoeless Joe is getting benched for Daryl Boston. While less ridiculous but still unreasonable is Robin Venture playing behind Donnie Hill. There are others I'm sure. I just haven't gone through each team eyet.

The only reason I can gather is that the AI is over evaluating fielding. If they were reasonably close in ratings I could buy it but they're trading a 7.5 WAR player for a 0.7 WAR player and a 4.7 WAR player for another 0.7 one. I get the AI doesnt know their real life WAR but they can see the ratings. The only logical reason is the defense but even that isn't logical with as many wins as they are giving up...

I guess I could take the time to force start all of these players but A. that's time consuming and B. I've always seen the AI plays those guys until they drop. Like they won't substitute for them to keep them fresh until they damn near dead. There's no setting to control this that I know of. Do I have any other options? I tried changing the AI eval settings to all kinds of things and none seem to make a difference...
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by majesty95; 11-13-2019 at 03:19 AM.
majesty95 is offline   Reply With Quote