View Single Post
Old 10-24-2019, 12:29 AM   #15
pauwoo
Hall Of Famer

I started my current league in 1992 and am now up to 2077... so, 85 years. I used a setup that StealOfHome posted, which I love, and edited the Stats settings to mirror the ***. Not sure if I would count the full 85 - when I started I just simulated it a season at a time - just powered through it. More recently I took over the day to day operations of a club (first Phoenix, now I’m in LA) and that’s when it really grabbed ahold of me. I’m in pretty deep now - well versed on most of the players of substance and am having a blast writing it up series by series. It’s not without its problems - I used real life teams from other sports leagues to populate my MLB league (I go through periods where I plan to rebrand every team only to stop short because I just want to keep playing), my Bush League has some silly team concepts, and some of the “colleges” I’ve added were only funny to me for a couple of seasons - though I will always love the MIT Equations.

When you keep a league going and run it a series at a time while taking the time to look around and smell the roses - this game really starts to shine. An incredible mixture of realism, creative possibilities, and customization that creates a world where the possibilities are endless.

It’s great fun. I’m with Westheim & BirdWatcher on the point that I’ll be playing this league forever - at this point I know it better than I know the actual MLB.

the Portland Pioneers | the Los Angeles Leopards

Last edited by pauwoo; 10-24-2019 at 12:31 AM.
pauwoo is online now   Reply With Quote