View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 10:51 AM   #5
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post
The problem is playing so many early series in the north. Start the year in domes, Florida & Cali. You can't be shocked Chicago & Cleveland have freezing rain & wind before tax day. That was the norm before everyone started crying about the environment. Give the northern teams maybe 1 series out of the 1st 4 or 5 at home.
It's kind of a no win situation though. Teams in the north are not going to want to start their seasons on a month long road trip year in and year out. Teams in the warm weather /domes are going to beef about having too many home games early in the season when kids are still in school and their attendance will suffer.

Still say get rid of interleague play. It sucks, always has. Move one team from the AL to the NL or one from the NL to the AL. Milwaukee or Houston come to mind. Do the schedule so teams make at least two trips into every opponents city. Example, Texas would play a series in Detroit once in the first half and once in the second half of the season. Detroit would go to Texas once in the first half and once in the second half.

Play more doubleheaders. Even if they have to be of the split variety. Play more doubleheaders. Make roster rules to make doubleheaders less of a burden.

But, in the end I don't see interleague play going away. Ugh! Instead, It think we will see the 19 games against division opponents go away in favor of a more balanced schedule.

Not sure what I think of a 142 game schedule though. I'm sure it wouldn't take long to get used to, but I think I would prefer 154 if the season is shortened.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote