View Single Post
Old 01-31-2015, 11:20 AM   #12
HockeyGuy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
You always want to make sure you have enough goalies on your squad so this issue doesn't happen. Find a low talent low potential goalie to sign. Open his profile and offer a contract through there opposed to right clicking. I'm guessing you can still offer contracts to free agents, there just isn't any goalies wanting sign with you. Can you confirm you can sign a forward or defence? Failing signing a goalie you may want to resign as GM, simulate a day and then take over the team again the next day- the Au would find a goalie. If you can post a screenshot here it might help.
I cannot sign players be it a goalie, a forward or a d-man. What I did was hand over roster and free agent decisions to my assistant coach and that solved the problem. But when I resumed control of the roster there are still some free agents who I cannot sign. Most of these guys happen to be in their young to mid-20s if this makes any difference.

Also there are zero trades in my league. And that's not an exaggeration. Not one trade occurred during a simulated season I ran and when I tried to initiate trades, the other teams despite being interested would not accept or decline. Basically the proposed trade would just sit there for an infinite amount of time.
Thanks for the help!!!

Last edited by HockeyGuy; 01-31-2015 at 11:36 AM.
HockeyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote