View Single Post
Old 06-10-2006, 09:30 PM   #18
JimG
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsly2000
As much as it pains me to say it. For the first time since V2 of OOTP I won't be purchasing the product. I'm as big a fan of Markus and what he has brought to the baseball sim world as anyone. True the game is with a new partner (SI) but that doesn't excuse the numerous bugs I've encountered while using the demo. The game didn't come across as fun, the menu was tough to navigate and setting up a league tedious. I will still monitor the boards and hope it changes in time as I really want to like this game!

JT
Well I already bought it but other than that I agree with you 100%. Not just the bad AI and interface but buggy and crashy as all get out with the big patch not making any improvments as far as I could tell. Partly this game is so complex that they fix 50 bugs and still dont fix the crashes and the Lahamn loading and the horrible AI. So thats somewhat a testiment to their ambition but also just depressing because I think it will take much more than a few weeks or even months to fix this mess.

Mogul had some bugs on release but now its basically bug free as far as I can tell. PureSim also has some bugs but also so many fewer that ootp so I bet PureSim will get them fixed pretty quickly too.

Edit: Mogul still has one bug that annoys me it lets you put injured pitchers in as relief pitchers so I just have to make a house rule that Im not allowed to do that.
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote