View Single Post
Old 01-08-2006, 11:40 AM   #35
qusip
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange
Not sure how much your database includes, but if you're just listing which team is in which league and affiliated with which major league club, that info is already around.

There's a Minor League History file floating around that has the listings of a huge number minor leagues along with the listings of the individual club affiliations (you should be able to dig up a link to it with a search of the forums).

I've done some work on expanding the info in that file to include leagues that were originally not included, along with adding league-level data like schedule lengths, opening and closing dates, league alignments, and so forth. At present I'm working with some other folks in SABR who were working on other minor league related items and an even better composite file with more info (such as spring training sites for minor league clubs, attendance figures for each season, just to name two quick items). I've no idea when it'll be done as it relies on the input from lots of people, but it's in progress.
Thanks for the help! I was able to find a copy of the spreadsheet. The spreadsheet I am working on includes population data (2000 census). I am planning to use it to "expand" the real baseball universe.

I am really interested in seeing that data for the minor league history. That is really interesting stuff. I'd be happy to help if I had anything like that - heck I'd love to do some research on that too.

Malleus Dei - Glad I am not the only one - I am planning to create the 2006 Baseball world and then create a "Fantasy 2006 Baseball World" that includes some extra leagues for towns/cities that I "think" can support Minor League/Independent Baseball.