View Single Post
Old 01-07-2006, 04:44 PM   #33
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

I am presently planning to combine two current fictional leagues, the Federal Baseball Association of Ruthlandia (FBAR) and the United Baseball Association of Tycobbia. They are separate leagues now, but will be combined in OOTPBM 2006. They currently have 20 teams in each league. I will expand with 20 more teams, so I can have 5 classifications: Major League, AAAA, AAA, AA and A. There will be 12 teams in each classification with 2 subleagues of 6 teams each. Each ML team will have 4 farm teams.

I thought about adding 40 teams and making it 16 teams in each classification, but since I playout the last 3 innings of every single game in my league and control all teams, I decided it would be a little better to keep it to 12 teams in each class. Even at that 30 games a day is a lot of games to play when you don't sim totally.

I have all of the team names and team logos done...thanks to the many fine logo designers in the OOTPB Community. I hope to get custom-made schedules created by LGO or gmo...the schedule geniuses.

Now I just have to find enough stadiums to give each town it own unique stadium. This will be the hard part. I have about 50 now.

I create a town history for each team...and describe the culture, ethnic makeup, commerce and baseball traditions of each town. This makes my teams seem almost like real people and real places.

I thank Portlander/Goody of the great Laseron Baseball Association and DreamTeams of the great Metro League for inspiring me to do something similar to their leagues. I will soon have a website that will make my leagues accessible for those that are interested. All of town teams will have their beautiful jdew-designed home/away uniforms and all of the great stadiums by Teflon Skies and Henry/BigCity...and few by blueturf...displayed on the teams' pages.

I will continue my Alltime Allstar League in Version 2006. I am just about to finish year one in it. I hope all of the player ratings will stay the same when I convert it. A lot of research and data entry has gone into this league. I hope the conversion goes well with Version 2006.

I will attempt to do a Dynasty Report on both of my leagues.

I have found it very rewarding to playout a portion of each game (more realistic use of pitchers and pinchhitters this way) and to do a write up in the Dynasty Forum. You really get to know your players and teams this way.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 01-07-2006 at 04:56 PM.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote