View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 06:54 PM   #1
Crouton
Bat Boy

League settings and size discussion.

I just got OOTP 20 and I have some annual questions to find out other peoples opinions on different ways to set up their league.
I want to set up mostly a standard league where I manage my favorite MLB team. I was wondering if you thought it was worth it to enable extra leagues, and if so, how many and which ones?
Then this question leads me to even more questions. If you do enable extra leagues (like Nippon, etc.) what do you set your player settings to, things like.
  • Generate International amateur free agents
  • International scouting discoveries
  • Generate International established free agents
  • Generate Free agents from Independent leagues
  • How many minor league teams do you use for your ML team?
  • How many rounds do you set your MLB draft for?
  • Do you disable automatic creation of free agents and does this even do anything if you have the amateur draft enabled?
Personally I feel like, if I'm going to enable extra leagues like Nippon, Cuban, Australian, etc. then I should disable all the options in the player setting tab of the league settings (International free agents, ind. free agents, international established free agents) excluding maybe international scouting discoveries.
On top of that I fee like I should disable generation of automatic creation of free agents and reduce the number of draft rounds down from the default 30+ to something more manageable like 10, but I'm not sure if all the additional leagues will be enough to keep my leagues full of players, or have realistic proportions of nationalities.
Any of your insight would be greatly appreciated, otherwise I will probably be banging my head against my keyboard until I try every possible combination and eventually (finally) start my first league.
Crouton is offline   Reply With Quote