View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 10:03 AM   #86
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snider&Hodges View Post
Wow, thanks Tiger Fan. I think I've learned my lesson never to assume any players are with any particular team in this league haha. Those pitching rotations were so dangerous for St. Louis - that decade of dominance makes a lot of sense looking at those numbers.
It is weird they way it works sometimes. I have no draft so players are supposed to go to the team they began their careers with. It means many players go to the real organization they started with and others for obvious reasons don't - Joe DiMaggio and Lou Gehrig are good examples as they began their career with unaffiliated minor league teams - but everything I read about Musial is he debuted as a minor leaguer after signing with the Cardinals so I also was expecting him to be part of that dynasty.

That is one of the fun things I am finding with this replay. Unlike others where I watched each season play out fairly closely I quick simmed to 1965 paying really no attention at all to the league so I am discovering a lot of great stories I had no idea about.

The Cardinals dynasty was one of many this universe had. Including:

1901-13 Athletics - 12 pennants and 7 World Series titles

1901-07 Phillies - 7 pennants and 4 WS titles

1915-20 White Sox - 6 straight pennants and 5 WS

1923-31 NL - Cardinals and Phillies dominated with Phillies winning 5 pennants and 5 WS while Cardinals had 4 pennants and 2 WS

1934-37 Red Sox - 4 straight WS titles

The 1941-47 Cardinals which have already been discussed

1948-52 Phillies with 5 straight pennants and 4 WS titles

1955-65 Yankees with 7 pennants in 11 years but just 2 WS wins.
Tiger Fan is online now   Reply With Quote