View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 10:06 AM   #96
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1932-33 NHL Regular Season

The Senators are awful. They lose their first 18 games of the season, and I'm not sure they will win a game this year. 18 year old Turk Broda has been thrown to the wolves. He’s actually playing well. In 11 games, he’s 0-10, with a 4.21 GAA, but a excellent .926 save percentage! The teams leading scorer, Leo Murray, has 4 points in 17 games. FHM is not setup for early 1900 expansion. The Sens have no talent at all.

After 20 straight losses, the Ottawa Senators finally played a game they didn’t lose.

After 60 minutes, the Senators tied the Montreal Canadiens 1-1! It isn’t a win, but it isn’t a loss. Carson Cooper’s first goal of the season opened the scoring. Ottawa held the lead for a full period until Red Beattie tied it for the Habs. Montreal outshot Ottawa 56-7. How Sens goalie Andy Aitkenhead didn’t receive a star is ridiculous.

In the offseason post, I made comments about the Black Hawks being bad and stupid, and Boston being on the brink cuz of some smart moves. Well….I’m an idiot. With two months to play, here are the standings in the American Division. Ya, im definitely an idiot.

They did it. On February 23rd, the Senators beat the Leafs 4-2, winning their first game of the season. Trailing 2-1 entering the third, Ottawa got 3 goals from players ive never heard of. Laurie Scott, former Maple Leaf got 2 assists, in probably the best moment of his post Toronto career!

Here are the final standings

The top 3 in the Canadian division are separated by just one point.

Chicago finishes first. Boston finishes last. Just like with the Maroons, my predictions are ridiculous.

Lorne Chabot played 25 games for the last place Bruins, winning 7 times. His .904 save percentage was not good. 22 year old Wilf Cude played 23 games in Boston, winning 11 times, recording the lowest GAA in the whole league, and posting a .932 save percentage. So far, that trade was a mistake!

Gordie Drillon played 20 games in Detroit, getting 8 points. Even though Chicago won their division, they got nothing for Drillon, who showed at 19 he can play!
George_Bell is offline   Reply With Quote