View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 05:52 PM   #4
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

Ideally, if money was no object, I would say that best thing to do in terms of Denver and Coors Field is to fly into Denver International Airport, take the A-line (light rail train) from the airport to Union Station downtown, and stay right there in the Crawford Hotel in Union Station a few blocks from Coors Field.
Union Station was renovated in the last few years and is beautiful and fun- a real hub of activity in the LoDo (Lower Downtown) area of Denver. The Crawford looks very nice, and according to google is about $260 per night. There would be less expensive options within walking distance of Coors but not a great deal less expensive, that I know of. Looks like there might be at least one not too far from the park with an average nightly cost of $135 if you stay more than one night. (The indication is that the Crawford would only drop down to about $230 per night for multi-night stay.)

It's a vibrant area of town with plenty of food and drink options, a great independent book store (full disclosure, I used to be employed by the Tattered Cover- the bookstore I speak of), good coffee shops, etc. Mostly a bit upscale but if you are a little adventurous I recommend eating at Zoe Ma Ma for reasonably priced Chinese street food. Plus, if pub food is more your style you will find plenty of options nearby.

As for Coors Field itself, I really don't think you can go wrong no matter where you sit. Sitting up higher in the cheap seats just means you get a better view of the sunset and the mountains if the game isn't that riveting. But in my experience Coors isn't that expensive and you can get decent seats for a reasonable amount of money. I haven't experienced any fantastic food at the park. Maybe someone else has recommendations, but in my experience it's all pretty standard fare.

Other than some drunken late night/early morning fights involving young men, I've always found this area to be quite safe and low on drama, of the bad sort anyway. (I mean, I guess it used to be quite dangerous, but those days are far in the past now.)
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote