View Single Post
Old 04-30-2019, 03:54 PM   #3
joehart
All Star Starter

My ballpark quest: Going to Denver and Seattle this summer

Seattle has a Silver Cloud Hotel that is right near the two stadiums (century link football stadium and T-Mobile park).
That is probably the closest in terms of just walking to the stadium.
However, there are also a few more hotels as you get closer to the city center that are still in a longer walking distance.

I have stayed at the Silver Cloud before for some football games to avoid having to drive back home. It was convenient but a bit pricey.

The two stadiums are right off freeway 90 so it is actually very easy to get in and out of the Parking garage that is next to the stadium. So you can get a hotel somewhere else and just drive to T-Mobile park.
I would give myself lots of time and arrive very early though before traffic starts to get really bad.
There are a few ways to get around that but it is a bit long to explain.

If you have club level tickets (200s), you can enter the stadium from the parking garage which makes it very convenient.

In case you end up here on a cold or windy day, club level is also closed up and has window seating so you don’t have to be cold. Don’t worry about rain...if it rains, they will move the sliding roof back over the stadium.

Personally, I like the food options on that level (Fish and Chips left field) and you can also order from your seats.
200 level tickets essentially allow you to roam the stadium and go to the other levels so you can view the pitchers warm up and have a cold draft in the outfield before the game starts.
We usually make a circle...start near 206, head towards right field, down a level, and then all around the outfield (watch pitchers, or get a ball from batting practice) before walking towards left field (store and limited team museum), before taking escalator back up to 200 level for more food in left field.

Tickets will probably run between 45-80 during the week for most games.
They also have an area that offers free buffet on the suite level but the tickets are more expensive (Called All-Star tickets).
Essentially, they converted a few suites to a larger suite and added a buffer stadium with food.

If you have other questions or need any help, feel free to drop me a PM. We have been season ticket holders for all the teams here for quite a few years.

If you come here in August and enjoy soccer, you can watch the Sounders play Dortmund (from the Bundesliga) in a friendly match.

During some weekends, you can do both on a single day. First catch a soccer game and then walk across the street to watch baseball. They keep the two events within 2-3 hrs from each other.

We have also brought in some baseball fans in the past to join us in a suite (free food and drinks) but we have not locked down dates for the summer yet so I can’t extend that offer yet.

Seattle is very low key when it comes to fans from other areas. They have made it very family friendly and safe.
Enjoy it while you are here.

If you are here for a few games, I suggest you get tickets in a few different areas to see which ones you like best.

Last edited by joehart; 04-30-2019 at 04:18 PM.
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote