View Single Post
Old 03-27-2019, 04:10 PM   #63
Caporegime
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DéjÃ* Bru View Post
Apparently the lack of outfield experience was what did Wade in. But why Tauchman was so much better an alternative is a bit puzzling to me. Late bloomer, indeed; he needs to bloom a bit at age 28 with a career BA of .153 (including 3 hits in 32 ABs last year, .094!).

Wade was not happy, to say the least:

Tyler Wade rightfully furious over roster demotion

Yeah, I'll admit there's some wishful thinking there on my part. His minor league numbers suggest a player on an upward trend, albeit a pinch and a dash too late to garner true prospect status. Clint Frazier was the young OF the Yanks were really hoping would have a breakout spring. Him laying an ostrich-sized egg this spring set up this whole scenario in the first place. Suffice it to say that his status as a legit prospect is now on the bubble.

As far as Tyler Wade goes, I understand his frustration, but let's try and keep things in some kind of perspective here. Granted, he had a decent spring. However, before we go and hijack any planes to Cuba on his behalf to protest his perceived mistreatment, let's bear in mind that in 124 career AB's over the past two seasons he only managed a paltry .161 BA & .218 OBP. This isn't exactly a young Rogers Hornsby we're talking about here, so for him to feel "blinsided" is a bit more puzzling to me than Tauchman making the club out of camp.