View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 10:15 PM   #44
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 28th, 1985

Today we faced Mario Soto ad the Reds. We had Mike Krukow up. I goose egged vs Soto last time.

Today we had Bob Brenly in the line-up for the first time this year.

Also, Nestor moved Ken Oberkfell over to 3rd, taking Chris Brown out, and John Castino was in at 2nd. Is this the new regular line-up?

Eric Davis parked one in the 1st for a two run lead.

I led off the bottom half by blaming one out to the centre field wall... and having Davis make an amazing catch to erase my hit.

I led off again in the 4th and Soto struck me out.

I next came up in the 6th with two out and empty bags and hit a weak grounder to Nick Esasky, but he dropped the ball and I was safe on an E-5. I then did what I do and stole 2nd, despite there being a pitch pit. SB #16. Stranded. Still 2-0 Reds.

In the 7th I was the middle piece in a Castino-Priske-Deer double play, nailing Bill Almon and Duane Walker.

Terry Harper plated Deer that inning to narrow the lead to one run.

In the 8th Harper was pulled in a double switch for Sixto Lexcano as Frank Williams took the mound for Krukow. Williams struck out Eric Davis with a couple on to get out of it. Castino also left, bringing Chris Brown in.

In the bottom half I came up with one out and nobody on, now facing Frank Pastore. I did no better against him. I struck out.

In the 9th we wen the other way with a Priske-Oberkfell-Deer double play, nailing Esasky and Almon.

We just couldn't get that last run and lost 2-1.

We are now 7-11.

Tomorrow is a travel day as we are heading to Chicago.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote