View Single Post
Old 03-11-2017, 09:55 AM   #41
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 25th, 1985

Jeff Robinson is starting for us. He has struggled so far this year, going 0-2 with an ERA over 7. The Reds have Jeff Russell who hasn't done a lot better... but he did pretty well when he faced us.

I went 2 for 3 against him so I am hoping for a good day.

Eric Davis struck first, hitting one out to give the Reds a 1-0 lead before we got an at-bat.

I led off the Giants side by singling to enter. I stole 2nd on the second pitch to Chris Brown. Then Russell pinked Chris! Intentional? In the 1st? I expect not.
On the first pitch to Chili I swiped 3rd! That is 14 stolen bags for me already! I scored on a sac fly by Chili to tie the game.

My first defensive play came in the 2nd when I was on the receiving end of a nice throw by Kenny Smith to gun down Bill Almon trying to steal.

I came up in the 2nd with 2 out and Fran Mullins on 2nd. Russell struck me out.

In the 3rd Dan Driessen put one over the right field wall to put the Reds up 3-1.

In the bottom half Jeff Leonard pushed Chris Brown across to narrow the lead to one run.

In the 4th I came up with one out and Robinson on 1st. I worked a walk. Brown singled to load 'em up and then Chili tied the game the hard way... by getting plunked by Russell.
Obviously no intention that time.
That's all we got, but the game was now tied at 3.

In the 5th I started a double play that got Driessen and Davis out to end the inning. Priske - Mullins - Deer

Curt Brown took over for Robinson during that frame and was pinch-hit for right after. Frank Williams came in to start the 6th. He gave up a sac fly to Don Werner that scored Almon and the Reds were back up 4-3.

I flied out to right to start our at-bats that inning.

In the 7th I started another double play, erasing Tracy Jones and Wade Rowden.

In the 8th Williams gave up another run, scoring Paul Householder on a Bill Almon single with none out. After a successful bunt by Will Clark, Nestor pulled Frank and brought in Scott Garrelts. He got us out of it but we now trailed 5-3.

John Franco came in to pitch for the Reds. Sixto Lezacano had come in for Terry Harper on a double switch and he singled. Unfortunately I couldn't follow through and struck out for the second time in the game. We didn't manage a run.

Garrelts gave up a double to Eric Davis with two out and Nestor turned to Pat Perry, also bringing in John Stearns to catch for him. Pat got Householder to ground out to me and we went on to the bottom half, down by 2.

And we couldn't close the gap. We lost 5-3.

We now had a record of 6-9. We are a half game ahead of the Braves for the NL East basement. Not good.

The Padres are rocking so far this year with the best record in baseball at 12-3.

After the game it was announced that Fran Mullins was heading down to Phoenix as Ken Oberkfell was activated from the D.L.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote