View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 05:13 AM   #209
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosens View Post
For me, there are a few things that would improve my enjoyment of the game a great deal.

1) Like scootermojo said on pg 3 of this thread, some variance of stats over time would make simming into the future much more interesting. And yes I'm part of the "only 11%" that does this but the point is, the game does this so why not make it as good as possible?

Playing forward from 2016 you get only a handful of players scoring 50 goals or 100 points over the next 100 years - simply not inspiring to play the game.

This should not need a huge new area of functionality. It would need two things:
1 - for the average goals per game setting to trend upwards and downwards over periods of time (set in the background by the game with some random element too)
2 - similarly, for the average player stock for newly generated forwards, defense, and goaltending - or simply for skaters and goaltenders - to each improve and decline in a similar fashion over time.

That can lead to defensive eras, high scoring eras, times with great goalies or dead puck eras etc. Ie in the 80's, average goals/game was up, forwards were better and goalies were worse. These days we have great goalies, pretty good forwards, and medium goals per game.
This is an area we really want to improve, at this point I just canīt say if it will be a (big) part of FHM 3. As of today I would say you will see some of it already in FHM 3 with further improvement in future versions. But it is definitively on our internal todo list!

Quote:
2) Generational players to actually be generated maybe once or twice every ten years. Real, top hall of fame players who dominate. And, more range between the top players and the regular player stock, so there can legitimately be "stars" instead of a heap of middling players with little difference.
That should be at least tweaked in FHM 3.

Quote:
Apart from that I feel that there is a lot of improvement that can be done on navigating in the game, viewing stats, looking up past seasons, team rosters, etc. Right now it is frustrating to navigate as it is simply not intuitive. Having to click three, four, five times to just see a team's scoring (ie the main scoring categories), the difficulty in finding the scoring leaders from past seasons, etc all can be improved.

(hockeydb.com is a good example of how easy it should be to navigate stats, seasons, teams, players)
We always try to improve the GUI of course but for the most part we are happy with it. With such an amount of data to show it is clear that not everything is reachable with just one click but we try to have all daily (important) stuff reachable with just one click and limit the clicks to the rest to a minimum. If you have examples of something with 4-5 clicks and how to make it available with less clicks, just let me know.

Quote:
And finally Real News. First of all, seeing news come up on the simming screen, when you stop simming to read it, you can't find it. So the navigation again needs work. But how about some interesting news stories, like "so and so had a five goal game", "team is on a winning streak", "took over first place", "had high hopes but things are falling apart" etc. To add some character and interest in what's happening.
That is a big part of FHM 3 and should be greatly improved (and will see much more attention from us in the future). We also re-build the news subscription system so you can decide on a league by league basis what you want to see in your inbox (manager news screen).

Quote:
... Oh yeah, and how about counting Championships on a player's awards/stats!
Not sure if we can get that data (in a fast and/or memory friendly way) but even if it is not part of FHM 3 on release (and there is a way to do it) it is something perfectly fitting into an update.

Quote:
It's been great seeing the game evolve from the early pre-release of FHM 1 until now and I will continue buying new versions as long as it continues to improve. The things above would really help make the game more enjoyable to me. Thanks.
Thanks, we work hard every day to further improve the game. We have some many ideas that we will not run out of them in the next 10+ years I guess.