Thread: 11 Years Later!
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2015, 12:19 PM   #4
boogeyboard1
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana91 View Post
  1. If my buddy and I buy the game, and we cannot be physically present together ever, is it easy for us to have a league where we manage separate teams but the rest are managed by the CPU? I would likely host the league - how complicated is the process of him submitting roster moves, etc.? What is required of the game's "host?" I am generally pretty tech savvy.
  2. Is there a standard recommendation as to the best way to do such a league? Should we simulate one day at a time (to mirror the real calendar), or a week at a time, etc.? What happens if you simulate a week but a key player gets hurt on day 1 of the sim? I can't remember how that was handled back in the day.
  3. All the real players are included now, right? Are there any "hacks" we'd need to do at all? Ideally we'd use the current rosters and then they would fill in with fictionals as time went on. We also had the all-time MLB records hacked-in last time we played, is this a current feature?
  4. Is there anything else I'm missing that I should know about?
1. Here's the link to the online league section of the game manual, which explains exactly how everything works: Out of the Park Baseball Manual

2. I don't have too much experience with this so I can't really answer it for you

3. You don't need any hacks or mods to get real players or MLB records, they're in the game. I'm not sure if you still need mods to get the real team logos, and you might even have to manually enter team names, because OOTP 15 wasn't officially licensed by the MLB, so at one point you had to do all that manually. OOTP 16 did get officially licensed though, so that may have changed.

Last edited by boogeyboard1; 03-15-2015 at 05:05 PM.
boogeyboard1 is offline   Reply With Quote