Thread: iOOTP FAQ
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 05:50 AM   #26
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleReeck View Post
I'm not an iOOTP expert, but I do know iOS apps If you and your wife share the same iTunes account, then you need to buy the game only once. It can be installed to every device you have on that account. If you have separate accounts, then you need to buy it under each account.

A universal app is one that can run on the iPhone and has a large format interface for the iPad as well, no separate app necessary (though some developers build separate apps for both iPhone and iPad - calling the iPad version an "HD" version - to maximize profits).

Most developers are generous with their iOS updates and all updates for that major version of an app are free. It sounds like iOOTP will be released first as an iPhone app (no large format iPad interface, though it will still run on an iPad as a small app one-quarter the size). Later on, the iPad interface will be added to the iPhone app, making it "universal". If they decide not to build a separate iPad app, which Markus, I think, said was the way they probably would go, then the iPad update will be free.
That is exactly what we have planed: after the release (which you can use on your iPhone/iPod and iPad) we hope to start development on an optimized iPad version, change iOOTP to universal app and release it as a free update to iOOTP 2011. A possible iOOTP 2012 would be universal from the start.
Sebastian Palkowski is online now   Reply With Quote