View Single Post
Old 03-09-2003, 04:29 PM   #29
rewc27
All Star Reserve

I'm starting year 5 of my fictional league with the Scranton Red Barrons. Drafted my team to win now. Expectations ran high as my owner expectations were to make the post season. Lucky for me I have a patient owner as injuries and over evaluated talent lead me to last place and a 69-93 win. The very kind owner brought me back for a year with expectations to play .500 ball. More injuries and rapidly declining veterans lead to even a worse season 65-97. Epecting to be packing my bags the owner (must be crazy) brought me back for year 3 with the expectations just "don't finish in last". With some younger guys coming up to be key role players along with some key free agent signings lead to an 84-78 which was good enough to win a very bad division. Drew the eventual world champs Honolulu in the first round and was swept in 3 games. This earned me two year extension this time and again the only expectations were to not finish laugh. Another year another very weak division. Built an 8 game lead bu the break only to loose my all star 3rd basemen for 8 weeks. THe team went on a rapid decline and by the middle of September trailed by 3 games. A strong 2 weeks followed and despite finishing under 500 managed to win my division again. Once again met up with Honolulu in the playoffs and once again was swept. Getting ready for the final year of this contract with some of my younger stars ready to step up and play bigger roles. Once again my very patient owner only requires I don't finish in last. I am married with 4 kids two girls one boy age 9 with rather good baseball skills and one son who is only 1. I hope to make it three straight division titles but we shall see what happens.
rewc27 is offline   Reply With Quote