View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 02:45 PM   #1
mjj55409
All Star Starter

FABL -- Montréal Saints

If you read the Dynasty Reports section regularly, you've probably come across legendsport's story of Figment League Baseball. It starts with the establishment of the Century League in 1876 by William Whitney, a Chicago fruit magnate who had learned of the game while at West Point. The Century League brought together some of the more successful amateur touring clubs of the time to create the first professional baseball league.

As expected, the Century League, while overall a success, had some tumultuous early years with clubs joining and leaving the league on a regular basis. In the winter of 1881, a couple of former Century League clubs (Cincinnati and St Louis) decided to form a new, rival league--the Border Association. The Association consisted of clubs in Cincinnati, St Louis, New York, Pittsburgh, and two Canadian clubs in Toronto and Montréal.

There followed a decade-long war between the two leagues for players. And after the 1890 season saw the rise of yet a third league (the Peerless League), something needed to be done.That something was the establishment of a two league federation, the current Federally Aligned Baseball Leagues (FABL). The FABL would consist of two leagues:

The Federal Association: Boston Brahmins, Chicago Chiefs, Detroit Dynamos, New York Gothams, Philadelphia Keystones, Pittsburgh Miners, St Louis Pioneers, Washington Eagles.

The Continental Association: Baltimore Clippers, Brooklyn Kings, Chicago Cougars, Cleveland Foresters, Montréal Saints, New York Stars, Philadelphia Sailors, Toronto Provincials.

Legendsport's intention with the league was to generate the pre-history to 1925 and then open it up as an online league. In addition to being a fictional re-creation of baseball history, the league is a no ratings, stats only league. I've taken over as GM of the Montréal Saints, and inspired by my fellow GM in Brooklyn (read his account here), I've decided to document my trials and tribulations in this dynasty thread.

You can find the Figment League Baseball team page here.

Last edited by mjj55409; 06-09-2019 at 02:43 PM.
mjj55409 is offline   Reply With Quote