View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 09:14 AM   #8
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Looks like Sandy Koufax may be human after all. 7 Cy Youngs, 180+ wins over 9 seasons. 2500+ strikeouts. 90+ WAR. He's 7-8 so far in 1980, season number 10. His strikeouts are way down. He's listed as a 3 star now when he used to be the max. Just this morning before coming to work, I watched him give up 12 runs, 8 earned over 3 innings of work. The AI actually left him in for 5+ innings before yanking him. It will be interesting to see if Sandy can right the ship over the remainder of the 1980 season or if Captain Development has bit him in the butt. At one point it looked like Koufax was all Toronto was going to need to emerge as a frontrunner, but after a 90+ win season in Sandy's first year with the team, Toronto struggled last season, finishing in the middle of the pack. This year looks much the same through the first week of July.

Another sad bit of news has to do with the above screenshotted Jr Richards. Jr struggled out of the 1980 gate as well, but was slowly but surly turning things around. Then, he tore his triceps. Bam, out for 4 months, which means the rest of the season. This injury scares me as Richards is right at the period his career came to an end in the real world. Now only time will tell if he can recover well enough to keep driving towards what appeared to be a sure fire Hall of Fame career.

The random OOTP development ghosts have not been overly kind to Mookie Betts in regards to offensive output, but defensively the man is a stud. At work so I may be wrong in exact number, but I think Mookie has 7 or more Gold Gloves in RF. He played the first 9 seasons of his career for the Detroit Cyclones, before moving on this season to San Francisco.

Well, following the 8th season of my league, I decided to add wildcards to my league. This league has 2 10 team subleagues, no divisions. The LCS is a best of 5 with all games played in the park of the team that finished the regular season with the best record in each league. 1979 was the first season played under this setup. So, guess what happens? Sure enough both wildcards teams win their series to head to the World Series. Only stands to reason.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote