View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 07:44 PM   #88
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Well so much for standing pat. Just after posting the paragraph above I made a trade with the Montreal Saints. Not a major deal but I feel I added a decent veteran to arm to hopefully help my pitching staff a bit. The nice thing is the deal was not too costly as the pitcher I added is 33 years old and it cost me a fourth round pick.

I don't like dealing picks but felt the move made sense as I have two third rounders thanks to a previous deal so I could part with the 4. It makes good sense from Montreal's point of view as well as they are going through a rebuild with youth and Mike Vonderheide, the guy I acquired, at his age won't be there when the rebuild is complete.

The pitcher is Mike Vonderheide, a 33 year old righthander from Austin,Texas who is 118-121 in his FABL career including 7-9 for the Saints this year. The 12 year veteran was Montreal's number 2 starter this season but my scout Rube Carter feels he can be an average reliever for us. He has won 3 of his last 4 decisions and went the distance while giving up just 1 earned run in each of those wins including one over Brooklyn, so he might get a shot at the bottom of the rotation for us.
Tiger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote