View Single Post
Old 08-26-2019, 09:47 PM   #6
Ruwisc
All Star Reserve

By the time I saw the exchange in this thread, I was already mostly through a schedule having completely missed the mathematical mishap, so I ended up with a 158-game schedule that fits your original specs. I'll let gmo handle your actual request, but I may as well post this one here so it can be added to the master list.

--------
24 teams, 158 games
2 subleagues, 2 divisions of 6 in each subleague (suitable for MLB setup 1969-76 if you like interleague play)
--------
- 18 games against 1 division opponent (9H/9A)
- 17 games against the other 4 division opponents (either 10H/7A or 7H/10A, 34H/34A in total)
- 6 games against the teams in the other division of your subleague (3H/3A, 18H/18A in total)
- 3 games against the 12 teams in the other subleague (3H or 3A, 18H/18A in total)
--------
Season is intended to start first Monday of April and finish on a Thursday, either the last of September or first of October (Sept 26-Oct 2, whichever's a Thursday)
Season is overall one week shorter than modern MLB schedule (179 days in total)
I left the All-Star Game entirely unscheduled, so that should be done manually - there is space for it in the second week of July, or it can be done after the season leaving a 4-day break in July
Interleague games are all played between mid-May and mid-August - during that time they make up roughly half the schedule
--------
Didn't do much with game times - the last game of every series is at 1:10 local, and all other games are at 7:10 local
Did my best to keep lengthy homestands and roadtrips to a minimum, but they sneak in: one team has a 16-game homestand and another has a 14-game roadtrip, but overall they're fairly realistic.
--------
Attached Files
File Type: lsdl ILY_BGN_G158_SL1_D2_T6_T6_SL2_D2_T6_T6.lsdl (92.1 KB, 92 views)
Ruwisc is offline   Reply With Quote