View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 07:57 AM   #6
daysauce
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
We only will use guys from the rotation (whether they have a follower tag set or not) as an extreme last resort case if nobody else in the bullpen is available. I know a patch or two back they were used in some cases otherwise, but that should have been fixed sometime in the last couple patches (I forget which one it was fixed in).
I'm noticing some more issues with this... As seen in the first picture, my opener (Bridges) pitched the 1st inning as planned. Then, my intended follower (Kershaw) entered the game and was soundly knocked out recording only one out. At that point, I had more than enough rested arms in the bullpen. That's evident by their usage later on in the same game, in fact, there were other unused relievers with two days rest. However, the game decided to pitch my other follower (Corbin) on two days rest. In the second picture is the pitching settings I had (strange staff isn't it), although my primary long reliever was unavailable, I nonetheless had another somewhat rested reliever whose secondary role is long reliever (Bieber) available. There were many options available, yet the AI decided to pitch a guy who's meant to be in the rotation. Also seen in the second picture, I have allow SP in relief set to no and rotation mode set to strict order in effort to avoid something like this, but that's not helping. Honestly, if they end up using Corbin later in the game after my other bullpen options are depleted, I'd understand. But, using other pitchers in the rotation in the 2nd inning with many other relievers ready to go, I do not understand

TL,DR in a situation I wouldn't call "extreme last resort," a follower in my rotation was used
Attached Images
Image Image 
daysauce is offline   Reply With Quote