View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 12:55 AM   #56
bailey
Hall Of Famer

2027 Raleigh rallies in game 7

The LCS started on a high note and winning the odd numbered games seemed like a good idea, until the pivotal game 7 was lost. As usual, there were plenty of awards to go around.

Ralph Kiner – Great Bat for LF
Mark Loretta – Great Bat for 1B and also MVP!
Johnny Pesky – Great Glove for 2B, also the lone representive in the All-Star game.
Joe Cronin – Great Glove for SS
Garry Maddox – Great Glove for CF

The grand total for PP earned in 2027 weighs in at 16,360p which is more than I made in entry pool.

BREAKING NEWS –

Name:  revamp.PNG
Views: 205
Size:  58.2 KB

I didn't want to be rude, but now that Cisco Carlos and Herb Score are on their way to new places of work I can be honest. The LCS was lost because Cisco Carlos, an extreme groundball pitcher who is supposed to not give up home runs, failed to get out of the 4th inning TWICE. He allowed a home run in each game and apparently did not benefit one iota from 3 gold gloves up the middle, and let's not forget Andrelton Simmons, 117 DEF at 3B, nor Mark Loretta 79 DEF at 1B.

As for Herb Score, he recovered somewhat from a disastrous 2026 season in the silver leagues (6-11, 5.15 ERA) with 12-13, 4.57 ERA in 2027 including winning pitcher of the month in August. But, by September, he fell apart again so I didn't trust him to pitch a single inning in the postseason.

Financially, I took a loss on both sales, Carlos cost us 1,450p, only partially made up by 1,040p of achievements, while I lost 2Kp even on Score, but his achievements were legendary—9,480p. Of course, more than half of that was because of two fluky Hi-Def achievements, but we wish the new owner best of luck with that. I hope the new owner is in the iron league because as the team advanced, Score's value on the field and as PP earner declined. Lessons learned about listening to advice on Discord.

That leaves a couple vacancies on the pitching staff, but for now I will look at my reserves before going on a wild spending spree.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote