View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 09:48 AM   #6
texasmame
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobby View Post
That's my point - having player creation modifiers set to 1 is the default. (for the modern era at least) I don't remember if having auto-recalc on is the default or not - but all that does is generate a set of modifiers each year based on the current composition of your league so that the yearly league-wide stats stay close to the historical league-wide stats for that year.

There are some on this forum who say that yearly re-calc tends to dampen extraordinary performances rather than encourage them. But for what I was trying to do - doing a fictional historical simulation in order to see how the results through time match up with real historical results - I definitely needed to recalc along the way. (although probably not necessary to do it every year) (but without recalc, you can't hope to get the transition from the dead-ball to the live-ball era, for instance)
If the rest of the league's offense seems to be normal that year, guess he just went wild. His name *is* Sampson, after all!

As the defending NL West Champions, the SALMON fall to the wildcard Dakota Rushmores in the first round in seven games.
texasmame is offline   Reply With Quote